I realize real estate agents and those in the ‘biz’ sometimes speak in a strange language, talking about points, closings, the MLS, and disclosures to name a few terms thrown around. I’ve added a few others that I thought you may find useful. Enjoy!
- Unobstructed view: No trees.
- Waiting for your imaginative touch: Complete disrepair.
- Handyman’s dream: Owner’s nightmare.
- Pond site: Swamp, slough or marsh.
- Land alone worth purchase price: It had better be; the house is worthless.
- House alone worth purchase price: Small lot next to tavern.
- Central to everything: A very noisy area.
- Easy commuting: Remote from everything.
- County kitchen: no dining room.
- Charm all its own: Don’t lean on the porch railing.
- Secluded: No road in.
- On paved road: House is ten feet from busy highway.
- Needs finishing touches: Needs roof.
- Rustic appeal: Outdoor plumbing.
Source: Rusty and Linda Wright, 500 Clean Jokes and Humorous Stories, Barbour Publishing, 1985